I recently setup a Pixel 7A, and all seems well except my visual voicemail on T-Mobile says "Can't activate visual voicemail" on the stock phone app. I came from a Pixel 5 running GrapheneOS where the visual voicemail has worked fine. I did restore from a backup of the Pixel 5 and am using the same SIM from my Pixel 5. I searched and tried what suggestions I can find on this forum, but nothing seems to work. I tried the following.
- Restart phone
- Kill stock phone app, clear cache and storage.
- Toggle visual voicemail off and back on in the phone app settings.
- Download the T-Mobile visual voicemail app and that works. Deleted and stock phone app VVM still does not work.
- Tried reset of network settings. Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
- Booted phone with SIM out of the phone then inserted and let register.
- Downloaded Google phone app and visual voicemail also does not work. Deleted and reverted to stock phone app.
Since it works on my Pixel 5, I am wondering if it is possible the issue is with the Pixel 7A, or possibly an issue with the build of GrapheneOS for the Pixel 7A. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.