Ethobling Can someone show me how to revert an update to an earlier build?
The current version of GrapheneOS won't accept installation of an earlier version via an OTA image, because that would enable an attacker to roll back your OS to a version containing a known bug to then exploit the bug. This is called "downgrade protection". Thus installing an old version would require you to wipe the device - if you had an old image available. I believe the GrapheneOS project deliberately does not archive old images which suffer from known security vulnerabilities. You could build an old version yourself from source, but that is laborious.
If you can't get in touch with the developers, here are some things you could try. Note that they are disruptive, so you should back up any important data first. Proceed at your own risk! You should check any advice you get from a random person on the Internet against other sources! I do not speak for the GrapheneOS project.
- Settings, System, Reset options, "Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth" -- hopefully not too disruptive, but also not that likely to help.
- If you have multiple user profiles and only one of them is troubled, deleting that profile and recreating it might not be too disruptive.
- Settings, System, Reset options, "Reset app preferences" -- somewhat disruptive, might help, might not.
- Settings, System, Reset options, "Erase all data" -- this is obviously very disruptive, since it will erase all of your data permanently. If you don't have a hardware problem, but your software setup is broken in some weird way, this might restore your device to regular operation. You would then need to restore your data, install apps, etc.
- You could back up your data, then flash the device back to the stock OS. If the issues persist, then your situation is probably a hardware problem.
Given how disruptive these options are, contacting the developers via Matrix is probably worth pursuing.
I hope something works!