I'm not sure what's happened, but I think applications are using some type of enhanced sign-in processes that are either invalidating my attempts to login or the app simply won't run. For PayPal, it wants to perform facial recognition without my permission and GrapheneOS may be preventing that, so it "freezes" at startup. In the case of AMC Theaters, the old version works from Jun-2022, but when I upgrade to any newer version, it refuses to accept my credentials. And I'm not sure why Chipotle or myEvive are not working.
Objective. Prove it's not Google or the Pixel.
I restored the original Google factory image, installed the apps you see below, and each and every app ran without issue. However, when I tried to run them on GrapheneOS, they had issues.
Objective. Isolate the app to a GrapheneOS issue.
- Install GrapheneOS with minimal setup.
- Install F-Droid, Aurora, then install the apps (shown below).
- Attempted to log in to AMC Theaters, but received the error, "Invalid form submission." When I started the other apps, only the backdrop screen showed (white or yellow), the app crashed, but never fully started.
- I did a factory reset, started GrapheneOS with minimal setup, installed Google Play Store, logged in to the Store, then installed the apps shown below.
- Attempted to login to AMC Theaters, but I received the error, "Invalid form submission." When I started the other apps, only the backdrop screen showed (white or yellow), the app crashed, but never fully started.
REFUSES TO ACCEPT MY CREDENTIALS
FAILS TO FULLY START
The apps below start, I receive a message to allow location services, but the app then hangs with a completely yellow screen (PayPal), a white screen (Chipotle), or nothing (myEvive).