I have never used Graphene OS, or any pixel device. I have a few questions:
1) I am thinking to buy Pixel 6a External link to flipkart.com (Indian online store) . Do you think this is a good device? ( I mostly only watch videos, use browser, etc.). It doesn't say it is locked or anything, so I should be able to flash Graphene right?
2) For work, I have to use whatsapp on my device. Currently I use a vanilla custom rom, and use the app "shelter" from f-droid, and install whatsapp in that app. This way whatsapp can't scan my gallery and other files on user profile. I heard that there are some isolating features in Graphene, can someone please tell me how will I be able to use whatsapp as privately as possible?
3) I also saw that you can install google framework and services in Graphene. Can someone please explain what is google framework and services? I was only aware of google services. And why not use micro g, that randomizes the id, and doesn't require logging in?
4) Which maps is the best? I am aware of organic maps from f-droid.
5) Does location work without google framework/services?
6) I'm not going to use it, but just out of curiosity, how do e-sim and physical sim compare? Especially with respect to privacy and security.
7) And finally, Accessories:
a) I use wired earphones, so will any usb c to 3.5 mm audio jack cable work?
b) The phone doesn't come with any adapter (for charging the phone), so any recommendations?
Thank you! If you can answer any questions, I would greatly appreciate it! Kudos to the Graphene team for all the work they have done!