I've seemed to discovered a strange bug - background overlays on popups (e.g. the overlay behind notification permission popup) don't render on the screen. In things like screenshots and screen recordings - the overlay shows fine - however, on the physical screen, no overlay can be seen. Already tried flashing again, the OS is completely stock. The phone is an old low storage model that I haven't used in a while, so instead of updating it I decided to reflash it to set it up clean again. After setup I went to Vanadium and immediately saw the issue.
Because the phone hasn't been updated in a while I am lead to believe this is due to the new GPU drivers that were updated a few times.
Steps to reproduce:
- Get the phone to a clean state (flash latest or full factory reset)
- Go thru setup
- Open Vanadium
- Press continue when asked about notifications
- Observe how there is no background overlay on either the previous prompt or the system-wide notification prompt
- Take a screenshot of the permission prompt
- Open gallery and look at it
- Observe how there is a background overlay on the screenshot...
Here's image of real permission prompt in Vanadium:
And here's one of the screenshot of it:
This applies to any system popup (e.g. app install, quick tile internet, certain settings options like attestation server that show a popup when pressed)