I have a very strange problem for which I have not been able to find a solution.
after I get the SMS Code and typing it I get the Error Message "Unable to connect to service" or in original german: "Fehler beim Verbinden mit dem Dienst". If I try to get called by signal it shows me something like no connection, what can't be true because signal was able to initiate the SMS sending ...
maybe someone else had this nightmare and found a solution
Many posts on the internet are about not receiving the SMS code- also in this forum:
Or problems with their microG or other google services:
I'm really trying to pull myself together, because I can't believe that I have so much trouble with the most important app for me.
The number of registrations is also catastrophic because you have to enter a captcha every time and then a registration attempt is made, which is why you have to wait again immediately afterwards and after about 4 times you have to wait over 4 hours so that you can try again.
My first attempt at registration was like this:
- fresh and up2date GrapheneOS
- active Neguard VPN firewall (affect on signal completly disabled)
- Gcam-Services-Provider for working google camera
- signal installed from their official website
- of corse no play services installed or other google stuff
I think I'm not so dumb, so after much research I tried to reduce the problem source as much as possible:
- reset of grapheneOS
- no active netguard VPN/"firewall"
- no battery optimization
- all permissions allowed
- 2x with my old phone number (1x without backup restoration, 1x with backup restoration)
- 2x with my new phone number (1x without backup restoration, 1x with backup restoration)
- for the lulz I tried to register even a 3rd number of a family member who hasn't a smartphone
nothing works. I can't understand it.
I contacted the signal support but I can not believe they will really help me ... I send them the logs and hope they can analyze it.