Woke up to phone gremlins this morning. I’m having trouble just getting a lot of apps to run at all, they either crash immediately on open or in a few cases continue trying to load in their own little doom-loop.
I have a Pixel 3 XL which was pushed the 2022111000 update 3 or 4 days ago.
I also use Google services via the sandbox. I checked Play for app updates and the last app updates were 3 days ago and look innocuous enough.
OS itself seems to load as normal, I have done now numerous reboots.
Apps not loading e.g.
- Google Maps
- Vanced YouTube
- Google phone app sort of works but if making a call the call interface vanishes and cannot interact further.
- Business Calendar
- All banking apps, I have 5 or 6 installed
- Assorted other randoms
Some apps run just fine
- Google Play & Translate
- Boxer (email)
- Graphene Camera and Google Camera
- MS apps Excel & Word
- All Graphene apps seem ok
- Some other randoms
Others present interesting contrasts, e.g.
- Graphene message, phone, gallery apps are ok, Google msg/phone & Photos no-go
- WhatsApp and Signal are ok but Viber is not
Some things suggested to me an issue with Google services, for example Gboard will not load (appears for a second then disappears), but the Graphene keyboard works fine when switched in.
I tried clearing the caches of Google services & Play apps. Only other thing I noticed was in the Google Account app (“manage account” from Play app) there is a “Can’t connect to internet” notice despite web access for all other apps being fine.
Does anyone see a useful pattern here – any ideas?